See it, then be it.Barbie. 🙂
We hear a lot about how visualising can help manifest any goal or dream we desire. But what I love about it most is how visualisation can have an immediate positive impact on your mood.
By thinking about what we want to see, feel or achieve, we can have that feeling of success NOW! Like right now. Magic hey?
I want you to take a moment and follow this plan…
- Close your eyes (after you’ve read through these steps)!
- Now, think about what it is you want to focus on. Is it a strong, fit, healthy body? A particular home you’ve got your eye on? Do you want to achieve a certain grade in your next test or run a marathon? Whatever it is, get clear on that goal right now. This is what you’re going to visualise.
- Next, I want you to take that goal and focus on how you’ll feel when you’ve reached your target. What will it look like to you? What can you hear? Feel the joy. Feel the elation run through your body as if that thing you so desperately want to manifest is in your life right now. Do you see it? When you do, make the picture even bigger and the colours bolder. Take that feeling of how proud you are and how happy you feel and times it by 100.
- To anchor into this feeling even more, add a soundtrack – a song that you can connect to this feeling. Play the song in your head (or on your phone) while you continue to picture the massive vision of your success.
- When you can feel the vision as if it is real and happening to you right now, sit with it a moment, then slowly open your eyes and come back to the present moment.
How do you feel?
Do you feel more positive, as though anything is possible? Do you feel joy? Was it everything you hoped for and more?
Ideally, you’ll continue to do this every day, alongside any other actions you’re taking to make your dreams a reality. And if you have a soundtrack to this image, play that song whenever you need a boost and that feeling of joy. With practice, just playing that song will bring back those good vibes.
How it works
The body achieves what the mind conceives.
Our brain doesn’t recognise the difference between a real and an imagined occurrence. That means, we can trick our brain into believing something is happening to us, even when it’s not. The more you practice visualising, the easier it will become and the more you’ll get those feelings you’re so desperately chasing. After all, the reason we want to reach a particular goal is because of how it will make us feel.
You can have that feeling NOW – even before you’ve achieved your goal. You know the old saying, fake it ‘til you make it? Well, this is a powerful example of how you can trick your brain into believing something is real, even when there’s still work to do.
Energy flows where attention goes, so the more you practice giving your dream energy and vision, the more you’ll lean into it and take actions to make it a reality.
So, what is your goal? What do you want to achieve?
Not sure? Check out this blog to discover how you can tune into your dreams and desires.
Then discover How to Take Action on your goals.