What is a blog?
The word ‘blog’ comes from ‘weblog’ – a combination of the World Wide Web and ‘log’ – a place to record and document incidents. Blogs have evolved and gained massive momentum over the years. They now encompass a huge variety of topics from numerous people across the globe.
Why do I need a blog?
As a business owner, you have enough to do without having to write endless blog posts, am I right?!
I know, I know. But having a blog is about more than becoming some kind of ‘influencer’.
Having a blog on your website provides you with so many business advantages, including:
- setting you apart as a leader in your industry;
- showcasing your expertise;
- connecting with your ideal clients through relevant content;
- sharing your products and services;
- providing advice to your ideal client;
- increasing your SEO (Search Engine Optimisaion) reach;
- allowing people to share your content;
- creating the basis for multiple pieces of social media content;
- helping you build a network of loyal followers; and
- increasing the ‘know, like and trust’ factor for you and your brand.
For what to blog about, where to start and for some of the best blog headings, download the freebie below.